9/11 Commemorative Event Tomorrow
Join us tomorrow, Sunday, September 11, to commemorate and reflect on the 10th anniversary of the 9/11 attacks. OneAmerica is partnering with the Council on Islamic-American Relations - Washington (CAIR-WA) and Somali Community Services Coalition (SCSC) to host 9/11: Ten Years Later, which aims to spur dialogue on the impact of the attacks and how we can move forward in bringing together different communities.
We invite you to participate in this community conversation about how far we've come since 9/11 and steps for the future. Only through continuing to foster open dialogue on this momentous and horrifying event, can we truly ensure tolerance and justice for all.
Panelists and facilitators include:
- Pramila Jayapal, Executive Director of One America
- Arsalan Bukhari, Executive Director of CAIR-WA
- Ahmed Jama, Executive Director of SCSC
- Bruce Miyake, Assistant U.S. Attorney for the Western District of Washington
- Hardeep Singh Rekhi, civil rights and employment attorney, member of Sikh Coalition
- Diane Narasaki, Executive Director of Asian Counseling & Referral Service
- Michele Storms, Executive Director of the Gates Public Service Law Scholarship Program, University of Washington
This event is free and open to the public and you are welcome to join the event at any time.
2:00 Interfaith Prayer
2:10 'Justice for All' Screening
2:40 Panel discussion: Looking Back
4:00 'Hawo's Dinner Party' Screening
4:40 Facilitated audience discussion: Looking Forward
5:40 Closing Remarks followed by a Candlelight Vigil
Broadway Performance Hall
Seattle, WA 98122
Parking: Street parking is free and all day parking for $5 is available at the Harvard Garage, 1609 Harvard Ave.
OneAmerica, formerly Hate Free Zone, is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that advances the fundamental principles of democracy and justice by building power within immigrant communities.